This scrambled eggs recipe is called Akuri is Parsi style scrambled eggs recipe and is by far one of the best and the most unique way to prepare eggs. Its healthy, delicious, tasty and a soulful meal which can be enjoyed by the entire family. The recipe is an healthy explosion of flavours and deliciousness from readily available vegetables, herbs and spices prepared along with eggs. Enjoy super healthy, tasty recipe. Akuri compliments best with warm buttered buns.
Akuri was introduced to us by a friend who made this deliciousness for breakfast. Honestly the preparation was so delicious that we ate it like it there was no tomorrow. Of Course the it wasnt a breakfast anymore and was more of a brunch. But I kept telling myself that i have to try this amazing recipe at home making it my way which is making it a little more healthy. After a couple of hit and try, I got the correct consistency of the final dish. And we all enjoyed it with my homemade multiseed whole wheat bread.
Variations to make Akuri
- Butter/ Ghee: Butter or ghee can be replaced with avocado oil or olive oil.
- Egg Yolk: One can also make it by using only egg whites. But the final dish will not be as moist and creamy as it should be. Egg yolks add moisture and a certain level of creaminess to the food. So unless advised by the doctor, I would not recommend using only egg whites.
- Parsley: Traditionally coriander is used, but one can always replace coriander with parsley. It will not change the taste much.
- Basil: To add an extra punch, you an even add a few leaves of finely chopped fresh basil to garnish.
Step – by – step process to make Akuri
Add salt and freshly crushed pepper to the eggs. Beat them well and keep them aside. Heat some butter/ghee, saute the onions till golden brown.
Add the tomatoes, green chillies, coriander, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and saute well.
Once the vegetables are sauteed well, add the egg mixture and slowly start stirring on very low heat. Do not leave stirring as the egg will get overcooked in no time.
Once the right consistency is achieved, serve and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Akuri goes best with warm buttered buns. But you can serve it with bread or anything else if you want to. It also tastes amazing just by itself.
Tips for making the best Akuri
- Take whole eggs. Use the eggs with its yolk. It is very important as the yolk will give the creaminess and moisture to Akuri.
- Use eggs at room temperature only.
- While sauteing the vegetables, make sure there is no water left in the vegetables as that will make the Akuri watery. So while sauteing, make sure the water evaporates completely.
- Stirring the eggs into the vegetables is a work of patience. This has to be done at very low heat constantly stirring to get the right consistency and to make sure the water in the egg is evaporated without making the egg getting overcooked.
- Serve it immediately once akuri is cooked. Do not leave it in the hot pan as the egg will continue to cook and might get over cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Akuri be made with egg whites only?
Ideally no. I mean, it can be made with egg whites but it will not taste the same in terms of texture and flavor. Egg yolks add that creaminess to akuri. without egg yolks the dish will be very dry.
Why were my scrambled eggs watery?
There could be two reasons for this. First, if you are using only egg white, then this can happen. Second, if the vegetables are not sauteed well. the water of the vegetables then separates out. Make sure the vegetables are sauteed well till all the water from them is evaporated.
How can I make sure my eggs are not overcooked?
Before adding the eggs, make sure that the vegetables are sauteed well. Reduce the heat to the lowest. Then add the eggs, this will give you time to stir the eggs while they are cooking slowly.
If you’ve tried this tasteful Scrambled Eggs – Akuri recipe or any other recipe on BakeGrillFryCook, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Akuri – Parsi Style Scrambled EggsCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Healthy, delicious, tasty and a soulful meal made with eggs which can be enjoyed by the entire family. The recipe is an healthy explosion of flavours and deliciousness from readily available vegetables, herbs and spices. Enjoy super healthy, tasty recipe. Akuri compliments best with warm buttered buns.
1 big onion
2 green chillies
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp chopped coriander
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp ghee/unsalted butter/oil
- In a bowl, beat all the eggs with some salt and pepper.
- In a hot pan take 2 tbsp of ghee/ butter. Spread it well.
- Add the chopped onion, saute until golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, green chillies and saute well.
- Add the turmeric, chilly powder and chopped coriander, ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and saute well till all the water is evaporated.
- On very low heat, add the eggs stirring it constantly and slowly. We do not want the eggs to get overcooked.
- Keep stirring constantly. This process might take some time.
- When the eggs are just about done, serve it hot with buttered buns or breads.
- All sauteing to be done at medium heat before adding the eggs.
- Once the eggs are added, the heat should be very low as the eggs will get overcooked. after adding the eggs keep stirring constantly.
This scrambled eggs akuri recipe is just too good. I was looking for an article where I can get step by step process of how to make scrambled eggs akuri and finally i found this amazing recipe of yours.