Packed with rich flavour, these very peanut butter cookies are one of the best. Amazing texture, great taste, made with readily available ingredients, this quick, easy and straightforward peanut butter cookies recipe is something you would always be proud of. Just mix together the dry ingredients, peanut butter, eggs, sugars and voila… They are ready. This is a 10 minute peanut butter cookie recipe.
Unless one does not have a nut allergy, peanut butter cookies are always a house favourite. My little two year old son loves them and he can probable have a meal on these cookies. I always believe that the secret to a great recipe is it’s simple readily available ingredients most of which should be available in your kitchen pantry.
Variations to Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter: Replace Butter with Peanut Butter. By doing so, you will omit using regular unsalted butter and the cookie will have a further more rich flavor of Peanut butter. The peanut butter can be the creamy one or the chunky-style peanut butter. The later would have pieces of nut in the cookie.
- Flour: All purpose flour can be replaced with wheat flour or oatmeal flour. The taste would have slight variation especially if using oatmeal flour.
- Sugar: One can always replace the white sugar with date powder or maple syrup. Using date powder, might vary the taste slightly. Using maple syrup would make the cookie more moist and thus more chewy. While sugar helps in holding the cookie together.
- Chocolate chips: Throw in some chocolate chips in the cookie dough to give it an extra chocolaty flavor. if using chocolate chips for this recipe, then use 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Step-by-step process with photos
In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients together and keep them aside. In another bowl, take the butter and the peanut butter and the sugars and beat together to make fluffy
Add the egg and beat well. Then add the milk and vanilla extract and mix well. the mixture will look like the image below on the left.
Now it is time to add the flour. The flour is added in parts. Three parts at least. After each part adding the flour, beat the mixture thoroughly. Make sure the mixture has no lumps. Once the dough is ready, refrigerate it for half n hour before shaping the cookie.
These cookies are so easy to make, that my son kabir loves to make them.
Watch Kabir Make These Cookies
Tips for making the best Peanut Butter Cookies
- Butter: Make sure the butter is at room temperature.
- Peanut Butter: Use any of your favorite brand peanut butter. If you like pieces of nuts in the cookie, please use chunky peanut butter else use the creamy peanut butter. Also make sure the Peanut Butter is at room temperature.
- Cookie Dough: Chill the dough for at least 1 hour before shaping the cookies.
- Eggs: Please use the eggs at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Peanut Butter Cookies have fork marks?
Once the cookie dough is ready it is chilled for an hour before shaping the peanut butter cookies. While shaping the cookies, the cookie dough is not very soft thus using a fork makes it easier to flatten the cookie. one can use a spoon or a spatula too.
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies Chewy?
Adding extra egg yolk. Egg yolk contains the entire fat content of an egg. Thus adding additional egg yolk would make the cookie moist and thus more chewy. In addition, you can even bake the cookie at slightly lower temperature. this would also make the cookie more chewy.
How can you tell if Peanut Butter Cookies are done?
Once the cookies are spread at least 3 inches big and have slightly set corners, the cookies can be taken out from the oven. Although you might feel it has a soft center but let it cool on a wire mesh and once cooled the cookie will be done.
Can Peanut Butter Cookies be made eggless?
Yes, they can be. but the texture of the cookie would vary. Eggs make the cookie moist and help it to rise. Without eggs, you would have a more crumbly cookie and might not rise as much. But the taste will not be compromised.
If you’ve tried this tasteful Peanut Butter Cookies recipe or any other recipe on Bake Grill Fry Cook, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More Tasty Recipes
Peanut Butter CookiesCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1/2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Add the sugars, and beat the mixture until it is smooth.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract and mix well to make a smooth mixture.
- Add the mixture in parts, and beat thoroughly after each addition so that there are no lumps in the mixture. At this point, you can add chocolate chips or peanut butter chips if you wish to.
- After adding the entire flour, refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 1/2 an hour.
- Take teaspoon full of mixture, unto an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave around 1-2 inches between for the cookies to expand.
- Using a fork, lightly indent with crisscross patterns, but do not overly flatten the cookies.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cookies may appear undone but they are not. Cool the cookies for around a minute or two and then remove to a rack to cool them completely before enjoying.
- The cookie dough can be stored in a freezer for upto 1 month. Just bring the dough at room temperature before forming the cookies.
- The baked cookies can be stored in an airtight container for upto 3 days.