Super easy, homemade, eggless, heavenly chocolate icecream, added with some chocolate chips so tempting and delicious that it is better than any store bought chocolate ice cream. No ice cream maker needed. Once made at home you would never want to buy one from any ice cream store. It’s a delightful pleasure for kids and the entire family.
The best Chocolate chip Ice cream you would ever eat. It tastes much better than Baskin Robbins or any other Ice cream place. It is completely homemade, made with readily available ingredients. Super simple and easy with no crystal formation. You can make and store it in the freezer for at least a month.
Tips for making the best Chocolate Icecream
- Chocolate: The percentage of dark chocolate used will determine how much chocolaty your ice cream is. I used Lindt mild 70% cocoa which is a mild dark chocolate. You can use intense dark if you want the ice cream tasting more dark.
- Whipped Cream: The quality of the whipped cream used will determine the creaminess of the ice cream. Please use a fresh whipped cream and a good quality one.
- Melting Chocolate: Keep the chocolate in a bowl. Keep this bowl on a bowl of hot water making sure the base of the bowl should not touch the hot water. Keep stirring and make sure the chocolate melts completely and there are no more lumps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my cream forming granules?
Firstly, please use fresh whipping cream. It makes a lot of difference whipping whipping the cream. Always whip the cream on low speed. It might take slightly longer to form peaks but honestly its worth the effort. As the last thing you would want is butter forming of the cream. Stop whipping the moment you find small peaks forming. DO NOT try and whip for even 10 seconds more. Keep these tips in mind and your cream will not form butter granules.
Why is my chocolate mixture becoming like a cookie dough when adding condensed milk?
Make sure the condensed milk is at room temperature. Also the most important thing is after you have melted the chocolate in a double water bath, let the chocolate cool down completely. Then add the condensed milk to it. This way the consistency of the mixture will maintain.
Can I make a chocolate chip Icecream without chocolate?
Of course you can. Do not add the cocoa and do not add the chocolate. Whip the cream, add vanilla extract, condensed milk and chocolate chips. Use the same measurements for the ingredients used as mentioned in this recipe and an amazing chocolate icecream will be ready.
If you’ve tried this delicious good food Chocolate Chip Ice cream recipe or any other recipe on BakeGrillFryCook, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More Tasteful Recipes
- Fruit Sorbets
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Chip IcecreamCourse: DessertsCuisine: Other world cuisineDifficulty: Easy
Super easy, eggless,heavenly chocolate chip ice cream, so tempting and delicious that it is better than any store bought chocolate ice cream. No icecream maker needed.
3/4 cups condensed milk
1 cup dark grated dark chocolate
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 cups whipped cream
1 cup chocolate chips
- Melt the chocolate on a water bath till the chocolate is smooth and has no lumps. (check recipe notes for a water bath)
- Mix together the cocoa powder with the melted chocolate until the cocoa powder completely mixes with the chocolate.
- Pour in the condensed milk to the chocolate. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until it’s a smooth mixture with no lumps.
- In a separate bowl, beat the whipped cream with an electric beater on low to medium speed until peaks are formed(see picture below). This would take approximately 5 – 7 mins. If you are whisking by hand, it might take slightly long, approximately 12 – 15 mins.
- Mix the cream and the chocolate together. Mix thoroughly until no more cream is visible and there are no more lumps.
- Pour half the mixture in a setting container. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips. Then pour in the remaining mixture and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover the container either with a parchment paper or with an lid. Cover completely and there should be no air gaps.
- Freeze it for 6-7 hours or overnight till the icecream is set.
- Scoop out and enjoy it cold.
- You can keep it in the freezer for upto a month.
- Water Bath: Boil water in a container. In a separate bowl, take the grated chocolate and place it over the boiling water making sure the bowl is not touching the water. Keep stirring the chocolate with a spoon or spatula, until the chocolate melts and there are no lumps.
- Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips can be replaced with chocolate fudge brownies, KitKat minis chopped, mini snickers, or mini mars chocolate. To make a plane chocolate icecream, do not add anything.